Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Boundaries.

I got that off-black Cadillac midnight drive, got that gas pedal leaned back taking my time.. I'm blowin' that roof off, letting in sky - I shine, the city never looked so bright! - Macklemore, 'White Walls'

Today, I want to lift up everyone around me - but only if they want to be on my level. There is no better feeling than inspiring somebody that needs to be inspired. I have been to the deepest, darkest depths of life, seen the color of the algae growing at the bottom of the gutter, and I know what it feels like to be hopeless. If I can deliver light into that place for someone else, my own life can only benefit from it.

To me, that doesn't mean putting my own happiness or my own program at risk. I refuse to go down alongside of somebody, and that means that sometimes you have to know when to let go of someone whose arm you have been holding to keep them aloft. I've found that a lot of the time, it doesn't make a difference to them one way or the other--but what I did while I held them may have an impact in their future decisions. Maybe yesterday's kindness, though it doesn't carry through today, will help paint a starker contrast when they find their self at the bottom again.

Everything happens for a reason, and it is what it is.. it is what it should be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment